How to Create Permalinks to EBSCOhost Articles
This procedure describes how to create working persistent links to EBSCOhost
Articles, for inclusion in LMS systems or other electronic delivery.
Instructors are having difficulty when copying links to EBSCOhost articles and
pasting them in LMS systems such as Desire2Learn.
- The problem is usually that is the link is not a persistent link it
will not take the user back to the article.
- The problem may also be that the link was created when the
instructor discovered the link by initially going directly to EBSCOhost
and did not initially click the link on the Library website, which
accesses EBSCOhost through the Library Proxy server. When this happens,
the link works on campus, but it does not work for people who are
In regards to creating persistent links to EBSCOhost articles:
- IMPORTANT: Start by entering EBSCOhost through the link
on the library website. This will force you to login through the Library
proxy server first.
- Go to the article you want to link to.
- Use the "PERMALINK" feature on the right hand side of the page. This
will give you a link that can be used and will take the user straight back
to the page. DO NOT use the address in the address window of the browser.
- Use the PERMALINK in Desire2Learn or any other online system that you
use to communicate with students . The permalink should take the user
through the proxy login and then straight back to the article.