Red River College Wireless
River College maintains the RRCWireless network in the Notre
Dame Campus and throughout the Exchange District Campus.
Wireless is fully available throughout the Roblin Centre and the Patterson
Global Institute at the Exchange District Campus. In the Notre Dame Campus
full wireless coverage is available in Buildings A, C, D, E, F and Z and certain
common areas, such as the Library, the cafeterias (Buffalo, Voyageur, Otto’s,
Hard Drive ), the Cave Lounge, and the North and South Gyms. There is only
partial wireless coverage in buildings M, J and B.
Making a Connection to RRCWIRELESS
- On your laptop or device, look for the wireless Connection named
- Do not use RRCGuest! It does not work for Students/Staff or even anononymous
users. (Additional info is below)
- When prompted for username and password, use your normal RRC network
username and password.
- If you are prompted to "trust" the network, then you must do so to complete
- Once connected, your connection should be alive until you change your
password. When you have a password change you must remove the RRCWireless
connection and make a fresh connection to RRCWireless.
If you are required to change your password, and then
your phone loses its wireless connection, your phone is probably locked out! Do
1. Remove RRCWireless by using "Forget this Network"
2. Wait 30 minutes.
3. Re-connect to RRCWireless
- Please note: The Library does not manage the
wireless network. The wireless network is managed by
Information Technology Solutions. We publish these guides as a way to better
serve our patrons.
- For those who have difficulty connecting to wireless with a personal device,
Red River College Information Technology Solutions only supports
College-issued laptops and devices. However, the RRC Library does offer
tips and general support on this page for those that are bringing their own
- If you cannot make a connection, please refer to troubleshooting tips below.
You are also invited to visit either
Lower Learning Commons Helpdesk (Roblin Centre) or the
Library Lab Helpdesk (Notre Dame Campus) for face-to-face assistance.
Generally, to connect to RRCWireless your device needs to
have the following settings:
Wireless Network Name: RRCWireless
Security Type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES
Authentication method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHVL)
Very Important for Windows users: You need to disable "Automatically
Use Windows Logon Name and Password"
Once you try to connect you have to enter your username, password and a
Username: Your normal network username ie. jsmith33
Password: Your normal Network Password
Domain: Should be 'ACADEMIC' for Students and 'ADMIN'
for Staff. However, try it without a domain first and the network should
automatically detect your domain.
Note: If you change your RRC network password you will likley have to remove the
network (forget this network) and make a fresh connection to the RRCWireless
RRCWireless - Manual Connection Instructions
The Notre Dame Campus Library has produced these instruction guides for those
that need to manually connect to the wireless network:
Windows Operating System
- Don't use the RRCGuest wireless connection. Always
use the RRCWireless connection.
- If you change your password, your device
will likely retain your old password and will be locked out of
the network. To remedy this situation:
- Forget this network (remove the RRCWireless Connection).
- Wait 30 minutes.
- Make a fresh connection to RRCWireless.
- Windows laptops may require the latest updates to connect
using the required WPA2 Enterprise protocol. In addition, new
laptops may require you to update your wireless adapter driver
to the latest version. Look for updated wireless adapter drivers
on the laptop manufacturer's website.
- If your wireless stops working, ensure that you are at least
in a location where the RRCWireless service is actually
- Do you not see any Wireless networks? Make sure that your
wireless adapter is switched on.
- If you are having trouble getting the settings to take
effect, try turning off the wireless and then setting up the
connection with the proper settings. Then switch the wireless
back on to make a connection.
- If you are still having trouble getting the settings to take
effect, switch off the wireless. Remove the connection to
RRCWireless and then add it again manually (refer to one of our
guides above for instructions as to adding manually). Ensure
all settings are correct. Then switch the wireless adapter on
and see if the connection can be made.
Red River College also maintains a Wireless connection named "RRCGUEST".
This account is for guests to the college and is not meant to be used by
students and/or staff. (Students and Staff should always use the
RRCGUEST is for "guests" to the college and requires a unique username and a
password that has to be obtained. in advance, by making a
CASELOG request to Information Technology Solutions. The Library
does not issue usernames and/or passwords for RRCGUEST.