Off Campus/Distance Delivery Services
Off-campus library services are available to student and staff who are
located at the following sites:
- Distance Education staff and students
- RRC Regional Campuses and Community Learning Centres
- Language Training Centre – Main Street Campus
- Stevenson Aviation Campus
In addition to the resources
services offered to the entire RRC community, there are a number of
services that are only available to the RRC off-campus community or that may be
of particular interest to the off-campus community.
Use this form
to request specific books or journal articles, or request help finding what you
Locating and Obtaining Information Resources
You may request assistance from reference staff in identifying books,
articles, etc, on a specific topic:
- Request for Assistance (Web
- In-depth requests may take considerable time. Please give us as much
notice as possible.
- If you are having trouble finding what you need, you may request
assistance from reference staff in identifying books, articles, etc. on a
specific topic, either by using the request form or by phone at 204-632-2390
or toll free at 1-888-445-0312.
- Books can be borrowed for 3 weeks and can be renewed once as long as
there are no holds. You can renew your books online
in our OPAC, or by phone at 204-632-2390
- Library materials are sent to you by Canada Post’s Express Post service.
An Express Post return label is enclosed to send materials back to the
Library. This is a free service.
- If you live in Winnipeg, you can pick up your library materials directly
from the Library. This will save on shipping time to you.
Media Resources for Distance Education Students
- Please Note: Distance Education students receive their
media materials from the Distance Education Office. If you are a Distance
Education Student please contact the Distance Education Office.
Media Resources for Faculty
- Requests should include the show date(s) needed, and the location.
- Requests must be received at least 3 working days in advance of the date
- The availability of resources will be confirmed with the requestor or
the contact person.
- To extend a booking, contact AV Services before the due date.
AV Resources for Regional Campuses
- Requests for media resources and equipment are coordinated through one
contact person at each of the Regional Campuses.
- Regional Campus Contact Persons:
- Interlake Campus - Elly Acton
- Portage Campus - Alana Mellen
- Steinbach Campus - Kathy Nykorak
- Winkler Campus - Elaine Tanguay
- Winkler Community Learning Centre - Linda Turbyne
- Instructors can forward their requests directly to the contact person.
- Requests for audiovisual resources for courses taught in the same
community as the Regional Campus will be shipped to the Regional Campus.
- Resources are shipped prepaid to locations outside Winnipeg. Shipping
costs are charged to the requesting Regional Campus code.
- If the resources are to be shipped to an address other than the Regional
Campus, provide complete address information including the box number, town,
postal code, and telephone number for this address.
- Items are to be returned by the due date indicated on the packing slip.
Return items in the same packaging as received.
Media Resources for Other Off-Campus
- Instructors at other off-campus sites may use the online forms to
request resources from AV Services.
- Enter site, room location, and show dates in the comments section of the