Web Sites and Searches
Click on the following links for useful web links and/or automatic web searches.
- Aboriginal Education and Training Home Page (Manitoba Education, Citizenship and Youth).
- Aboriginal Education and Training: Aboriginal Language Resources (Manitoba Education, Citizenship and Youth). Information on Aboriginal Language instruction in Manitoba
- 2001 Aboriginal People's Survey - Initial Findings: Well-being of the non-reserve Aboriginal Population. (Statistics Canada 89-589-XIE). See pp. 28 to 33 on Aboriginal Languages.
- Aboriginal Languages Initiative (ALI) Evaluation: Final Report (2003). Canadian Heritage response to a federal government commitment to preserve, protect, and revitalize Aboriginal languages.
- Canadian Aboriginal Languages. Chart from Memorial University of Newfoundland of the language family, the language, and places spoken.
- Canadian Aboriginal Syllabics. Common glyphs used for many Aboriginal languages
- Manitoba Education Library Catalogue
- Mi'gmaq-Mi'kmaq Online Talking Dictionary. 6,000+ word resource for the Mi'gmaq/Mi'kmaq language
- Native Languages of the Americas: Algonquian Language Family. Native American Language Preservation
- First Nations Language Strategy (Saskatchewan Indian Cultural Centre) Cree, Dene, Dakota/Nakota/ Lakota, Nakawe