UpToDate® is an evidence-based, physician-authored clinical decision support
resource which clinicians trust to make the right point-of-care decisions. More
than 6,300 world-renowned physician authors, editors, and peer reviewers use a
rigorous editorial process to synthesize the most recent medical information
into trusted, evidence-based recommendations that are proven to improve patient
care and quality.
Note: Initially, Red River College Students and Staff should access
UpToDate through links available on this page. If the user registers an account
with UpToDate, they may return to the UpToDate resource (for up to 90 days), via
their browser or device without going through the RRC library access point.
UpToDate (User Account Access)
- When you first use this link to enter the UpToDate site, you may be asked to
register a user profile at UpToDate.com. If you are not prompted to
create an account, just click on "Register" link in the upper right.
- Once you are registered, and come back to UpToDate in future sessions, you
will be automatically logged-in!
If you choose not to register the first time, you can always choose to register
at a later date. Registering allows you to access the site via the UpToDate
Using the UpToDate App
To use the UpToDate App on your mobile device:
- You must first login to UpToDate through the RRC Library web site via the
UpToDate (User Account Access link. This initial step is critical for
UpToDate to link your account with access granted through Red River College.
- Register a personal account with UpToDate. Remember the username and
password you have set with UpToDate.
- Download the *Free* UpToDate app from your app store. It is available for
both Apple and Android devices.
Open the UpToDate App and login using the personal account you have created at
the UpToDate web site. (See image on the right)
- You will be granted continuous access through the UpToDate App, however you
will be required to refresh your eligibility for access every 90 days by
returning to the library website and clicking the link labelled
UpToDate (User Account Access.
Extending Direct Access Availability
Once users register an account with UpToDate they may continue to access the
site directly.However, after 90 days they will be required to refresh their
eligibility for access by returning to the RRC Library website and clicking the
UpToDate (User Account Access).
- I am continuously asked to accept the
- If you keep getting prompted to accept the "License
Agreement" do the following:
1. Click on "My Account" just to the right of your name.
2. When asked to login, enter the UpToDate username and password you
Then problem should clear up after doing this.