Library Guide - My Library Account
My Library Account
You must log in to WebVoyáge in order to access your patron information or to place requests
- Enter your ID and Last Name in the text boxes. Your ID is your student number or staff number. Click Log in.
WebVoyáge My Account Help
- The My Account page allows you to review your library transactions.
- Press View Personal Information to review the address and phone number that is on file with the library.
- Press Edit Preferences to set personal preferences for using the library catalog.
- Press Change PIN to set your account login PIN.
- View a listing of your outstanding fines and fees due to the library.
- See the materials that are checked out and renew these items.
- See requests pending at the library and their status.
WebVoyáge Help My List
This feature allows you to save bibliographic records from various search results for later viewing,
editing and printing in different formats.
To save records to your list:
From the Titles screen,
- Select the check boxes next to all records you want to save to your list, on the first search page containing records you wish to save.
- Click the Add to List button at the top or bottom of the results.
- You will receive a # records have been added to your list message, and remain on your current search results page.
- When finished, you can view your list by selecting the My List at the top of the page.
From the Holdings Information screen,
- Simple click Add to List.
To delete a record from your List:
- Select the check box next to the record.
- Click the Delete button.
To clear the contents of your Bookbag:
- Select All records.
- Click the Delete button.
To email/print/export the contents of your List:
- Select the records you wish to email/print/export.
- Click the button to email/print/export.
- Follow the steps on the next screen.
WebVoyáge My Searches
My Searches allows you to save up to 25 search queries to run again at a later time. You can save a search from the title list or from the search history page.
To execute a search from your list:
- Click Re-Run.
To get updates about new hits for a search:
- Set the update frequency and set Results to Y.
- Save your changes.
WebVoyáge Help Holds and Recalls
If your library allows you to, you can place holds and/or recalls for items retrieved from the Public
Access catalog. Recalls can only be placed for items that are charged out. Holds and recalls can be made
only from an item's bibliographic/holdings display. In addition, you must log in before you can place a
hold or recall.
- Search for an item that you want to place a hold or recall on.
- View the Record Display of the item.
- Click the Make a Request link on the right side of the screen. If you have not previously logged in,
the Login screen displays. Enter your patron information in the appropriate fields and then click the OK button.
- Select Hold or Recall from the list.
- If you want to place a hold or recall on any copy of the item at any location, click the Any Copy radio button. If you want to place a hold or recall on a specific copy, click the This Copy radio button and select the copy of the item from the drop-down menu.
- If your library requires it, enter your barcode in the Barcode field.
- Enter any comments that you want your institution's circulation staff to view in the Comment text box.
- Select the location where you want to pick up the item from the Pick Up At drop-down menu.
- Select the date after which you will not need the hold or recall in the Not Needed After text box.
- Click the Submit button to submit your request.
- Once you have placed a hold or recall on an item, you can check its status by accessing
My Account page.