The following instructions were developed by the Centre for Program and Learning Excellence (CLPE).
The Class Progress tool tracks your learners' overall progress as a course and individually.
You may want to use the Class Progress tool to do any of the following:
Go to the course you want to track your students’ progress. Within that course:
1. Click on “Assessments” (1) and choose “Class Progress” (2).
2. Under Class Progress your will find a list of your students. You can click on a student’s name, and review the student’s performance.
3. Clicking on any of the students brings you to the individual student's User Progress page where you can review student’s information about their performance in the class by LEARN Tools.
For example, you can click on the Quizzes tool and find out how the student did there. Whether that student attended or missed a certain quiz. You can also see how the student performed in a specific quiz by clicking on the quiz.
4. Use the Class Progress navbar to sort the order in which users appear in the chart. By default, the following performance indicators appear from left to right in the navbar: Content Completed, Objectives, Logins, and Grades. A maximum of 4 performance indicators can display at any time on the Class Progress page.
Available indicators include: Content Completed, Objectives, Assignment Submissions, Grades, Checklist Completion, Content Visited, Discussion Participation, Login History, Quiz Performance, and Survey completion. To change which indicators are displayed and which order they are displayed in, click Settings.
5. All course participants appear in the chart. Their name, username, and Org Defined ID display alongside their profile picture, if supplied. Their performance results for the listed indicators also display in the chart. Clicking on any area of this chart brings you to the individual student's User Progress page. You can also search for users by typing in the Search users field.
6. Login History indicates when the learner logged into Brightspace Learning Environment, not the course. However, if the Brightspace Data Platform is enabled, Course Logins displays in each learner's User Progress report, which reports on when they accessed the course.
Absent period indicates the number of days since the learner last logged into Brightspace Learning Environment. For example, if "Oct 30, 3017 - absent period: 3" displays, the learner did not log in for 3 days, and an Oct 26 login displays below the Oct 30 login.