Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.


Borrowing Services

Circulation Services

Any member of the RRC community, including associate members of RRC, are eligible to borrow books, journals and other print materials. Videos and DVDs are normally intended for on-site use only. Only instructors, and students with permission from an instructor, may take videos or DVDs out of the Library.

See our Lending Policy  for information about eligibility, loan periods, and fines.

Reserve a Book / Place a Hold

If you need a book that is out to another borrower, you can place a hold on it. This means that you will be notified (usually by phone) when the book is returned.

Follow these steps:

  • Search for the book in the library catalogue.
  • Display the full cataloguing description of the book on the screen.
  • Click the Requests link at the top of the page.
  • Enter your student / staff barcode number and surname. Click OK.
  • Place a Hold appears in the box. Click OK.
  • Enter your barcode number where it says Student/Staff Number. Click Submit Request at the bottom of the form. You are now finished.

To search the library catalogue, click the link  Search RRC Catalogue

Borrowing From Another Library 

Reciprocal Borrowing

Reciprocal arrangements allow students to borrow in-person from libraries at the University of Manitoba, University of Winnipeg, William and Catherine Booth College, Providence College, Assiniboine Community College, and the University College of the North.  A valid RRC photo ID card is required and there may be some restrictions on loan periods or on the number of items borrowed at one time.  Students from the listed institutions may borrow from the RRC LIbrary under similar conditions. 

Inter-Library Loans (ILL)

Course Reserves

Why use a course reserve? When several students are assigned readings or given the same topic to research, they may have difficulty obtaining material if the regular three-week loan period is used. If articles from journals or magazines are assigned, a copy of the article on reserve will help ensure that the article is available when students need it. Students can find course reserves by looking up "Course Reserves" in the  Online Library Catalogue (OPAC) .