Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use a process to plan out communications to ensure they are complete, correct, and clear.
Using this Strategy
You will use the planning strategy when you:
- Use the writing process to brainstorm, organize, write, and revise your communications for clarity.
- Organize your communications planning for PACT (Purpose, audience, Context, and Tone).
- Gather information from credible sources and plan to ensure all sources are correctly cited.
- Develop a project plan with teammates in order to meet the goals of an assignment.
- Use time management skills to plan out daily and weekly tasks to ensure all tasks get completed.
To learn about using the writing process to plan your writing:
To learn about best practices when writing:
To learn about using RefWorks to plan out your outside sources:
To learn about project planning:
To learn about planning your schedule: