Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Repair and correct miscommunication and difficult situations.
Using this Strategy
As a college student, you will use repairing when you:
- Manage conflict by correcting misunderstandings immediately to prevent future misunderstandings
- Participate in the draft writing process by engaging with and acting on feedback
- Participate in the feedback cycle to work collaboratively with teams and solve problems
- Use active listening strategies to communicate with empathy
- Distinguish between intent and impact when communicating with others
To learn about intercultural competence:
To learn about active listening skills:
To learn about the importance of the feedback cycle in repairing communication attempts:
To learn about managing conflict:
To learn about the importance of participating in the writing process:
To access Live Supports to help you with repairing: