The Conference Board of Canada's e-Library Web Site is an online information and communications service provided by CBoC (the "Service"). Access and use of the Service is subject to the terms and conditions set out below (the "User Agreement"). Please read the User Agreement carefully: BY PURCHASING AND USING THE SERVICE, THE ORGANIZATION IS AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE USER AGREEMENT. The User Agreement may be amended by CBoC from time to time.
1. CBoC owns all rights, including all copyright, in the entire content of the Service (the "Content"). Except as is specifically provided herein, no right, title or interest is granted in the Content.
2. Access to the service is limited to authorized users. Authorized users constitute currently registered students, currently employed staff and faculty of the University or College and walk-in patrons of the library network. Authorized users may print and download copies of portions of the Content (the "downloaded materials") solely for academic, non-commercial use. Authorized users shall not delete any copyright notices from the downloaded materials. Any redistribution, transmission or publication of any downloaded materials or the data or information contained in the downloaded materials outside the University or College is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of CBoC.
3. Authorized users may not use any of the downloaded materials or the data or information contained in the downloaded materials to develop or derive any other informational product or service for distribution or commercial sale without the prior written consent of CBoC
4. The Service is heavily discounted for educational institutions, as such, CBoC has right to immediately terminate this Agreement if CBoC determines that the Content is being used by authorized users for commercial purposes or negatively impacting CBoC's commercial sales. In the event of termination, CBoC will calculate a pro-rated refund based on the number of remaining months in the agreement.
4. THE DOWNLOADED MATERIALS AND THE DATA AND INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOWNLOADED MATERIALS AND THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY. ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED, INCLUDING IMPLIES WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
5. IN NO EVENT WILL CBOC BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM THE USE OF ANY DOWNLOADED MATERIALS OR ANY DATA OR INFORMATION PROVIDED BY THE SERVICE WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION OR INFRINGEMENT ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DATA OR INFORMATION AVAILABLE FROM THE SERVICE.
6. "Logo" and "The Conference Board of Canada" are trade-marks (the "Trade-marks") used by CBoC under licence. Authorized users may not use the Trade-marks without prior written consent. This User Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
Do you have a title to recommend for our collection? Use the Suggest a Purchase form to suggest a book, video or journal.
Do you have suggestions or feedback that can help improve this guide? Please contact this guide's author on the "Getting Started" page.