Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Systems Specialist
EBSCOhost Mobile - Using the Mobile App
The EBSCOhost mobile app is made for the smaller screens of mobile devices, and offers the most important EBSCOhost features and functionality right in the palm of your hand, providing the same user-friendly and easy-to-use search experience that is available online.
There is also an added bonus. Once you have successfully loaded a validation key into your mobile device you do not have to enter a username and password every time you use the app.
EBSCOhost Mobile Instructions
- Step 1: Get the APP
- Download the free EBSCOhost app on your mobile device from within your device’s App Store. (Apple and Android only)
- Step 2: Get the Validation Key
- Launch your web browser, from within your mobile device or your computer.
- Go to http://library.rrc.ca
- Click on “Search EBSCOhost Articles” in the left-hand menu
- Log in with your college username and password
- Click on “Continue”
- You should arrive at the EBSCOhost Article Search Page. Now, look at the bottom of the page (in the footer) for a link titled "iPhone and Android apps”. Note: if you are using a device that automatically simplifies pages for mobile devices you may need to select to view "full site" in order to see this link at the bottom of the page.
- A popup will come up, asking you to input an email address. Be sure to insert an email address that you can access on your mobile device. EBSCOhost will now send a special key to this email address.
- Step 3: Load the key
- On your mobile device, open up the email you received and click on the link: “tap this authentication key”.
- The EBSCOhost application will be launched and loade with your new key. You will now have access to EBSCOHost on your device until the key code you’ve received has expired.
Instructions on how to use the EBSCOhost mobile application may also be be found on the EBSCOHost website, or by doing a web search for “EBSCOhost Mobile Access”.
Footer Code - Do not edit this box/code