RRC Polytech students, staff, and faculty may request scanned excerpts of materials in the library's collection. Scanned copies of the material are sent as PDFs to the requestor via email. Amounts requested must meeting the Guidelines outlined in our P7 Fair Dealing Policy PDF's are provided within 3-5 business days not inclusive of holidays and weekends.
If you are an instructor or faculty member who who requires assistance scanning an excerpt from a book or journal in their personal collection for the purpose of teaching and instruction please complete the request form and deposit the item via the library book drop for scanning. Please affix a note to the item "ATTN: Digitization Service." the library staff will contact you with instructions for retrieval of your material once scanning is complete.
Please be aware we will be adhering to public health guidelines and your book may be held for a quarantine period which can delay scanning.
1. Locate the book you would like to request a chapter from using the One Search on the library home page. Ensure the item is available and reference the call number.
2. Click on the title to navigate to the record.
3. Under "Get it" click "Sign in" and use your log in to access the library system.
4. Now that you are on logged in click on "Digitization".
4. Complete the form and click "Send Digitization Request".
5. You will receive your PDF copy by e-mail in 3 - 5 business days.