Red River College has obtained access to ASHRAE Standard documents via Techstreet. These documents are available to RRC Students and Staff through our proxy server.
Step 1: Important! Special Plugins Required
Prior to trying to open the Techstreet documents you need to install the following two plugins on your workstation:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
Most college workstations have this plugin already installed.
- Adobe File Open Plugin: http://plugin.fileopen.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1
If you are on a college lab computer, college laptop, or personal/home computer, you should be able to install this plugin. If you are a RRC Staff member you may have to place a caselog request to install this plugin.
We apologize for the requirement to have both these plugins installed prior to viewing the files. It is a requirement of the publisher!
Step 2: View the ASHRAE Standard Documents
Once you have the plugins correctly installed click this link to go to the ASHRAE documents RRC Library subscribes tro:
- Link: ASHRAE standards and guidelines
- Login is required through the RRC proxy server. Please user your regular college username and password.
- In the left-hand column, click the "On Subscription" box to filter the list to the items RRC subscribes to.
- The documents are large and patience may be required as download times may be long.
- Important: Once downloaded, open the documents in "Adobe Acobat." If your computer tries to open the PDF in a web browser, it will fail. You may need to right click on the PDF and select "Open With Adobe Acobat."
- Once you have downloaded the documents they will appear in Adobe Acrobat Viewer. However you will likely see that the documents are SECURED and the publisher has made certain limitations on the documents.