Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use a process to plan out communications to ensure they are complete, correct, and clear.
Using this Strategy
Students will use the planning strategy when they:
- Use the writing process to brainstorm, organize, write, and revise their communications for clarity.
- Organize their communications planning for PACT (Purpose, audience, Context, and Tone).
- Gather information from credible sources and plan to ensure all sources are correctly cited.
- Develop a project plan with teammates in order to meet the goals of an assignment.
- Use time management skills to plan out daily and weekly tasks to ensure all tasks get completed.
To learn about using the writing process to plan their writing:
To learn about best practices when writing, students can:
To learn about using RefWorks to plan out their outside sources, students can:
To learn about project planning, students can:
To learn about planning their schedule:
Related Academic Success Centre Supports
Faculty can access the following resources through Library & Academic Services to help their students develop this strategy:
Students can access the following resources through Library & Academic Services to develop this strategy:
- Tutoring for individualized and small group support, in order to set and reach goals relating to the content of their courses.
- Academic Coaching, to develop the goal setting skills, as well as creating and implementing plans to reach goals needed for success within college.