Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Establish individual and collaborative goals and responsibilities.
Using this Strategy
Students will use the strategy of setting goals when they:
- Plan their time to complete assignments by their due dates
- Work hard on their course work to graduate on time
- Collaborate with others to read shared goals
- Intentionally build productive habits
- Build focus and concentration to maximize their learning
- Ensure productive study sessions
- Identify and manage procrastination
Faculty Blog: Setting Goals
To learn about setting clear goals:
To learn about stacking habits:
To learn about managing procrastination:
Related Academic Success Centre Supports
Faculty can access the following resources through Library & Academic Services to help their students develop this strategy:
Students can access the following resources through Library & Academic Services to develop this strategy:
- Tutoring for individualized and small group support, in order to set and reach goals relating to the content of their courses.
- Writing Tutoring, for individualized in-person and email support to set and reach goals relating to writing skill development.
- EAL Tutoring, for individualized language development for students whose first language is not English, which can help students set and reach goals relating to their language development.
- Academic Coaching, to develop the goal setting skills, as well as creating and implementing plans to reach goals needed for success within college.