Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use a variety of media and methods to learn and gather new information and solve problems.
Using this Strategy
At college and at work, students will use this strategy to:
- Solve problems with innovation and creativity
- Gather new information to meet individual and team goals
- Analyze and evaluate information
- Identify audience and stakeholder needs
- Ask questions to gather information and clarity
- Find strategies, techniques and processes that help create effective teams
Faculty Blog: Investigating
To ask questions as they gather information, students can:
To evaluate websites and online resources, students can:
To develop an effective research question, students can:
To solve problems, students can:
To get help from a Library staff member on gathering and analyzing information:
Related Academic Success Centre Supports
Faculty can access the following resources through Library & Academic Services to help their students develop this strategy:
Students can access the following resources through Library & Academic Services to develop this strategy:
- Academic Coaching to develop investigating skills for success within college and the workplace.
- Writing Tutoring for individualized in-person and email support to develop research skills in the writing process.