There are two ways of scanning your reference collection to identify duplicate records.
There are two types of duplication checks:
To begin a duplication check you can do one of two things, they will both get you to the same spot.
1. Select an Unshared folder; Click on the action button (vertical dots); click Find Duplicates
1. Click Tools on the horizontal toolbar (if checking in a specific folder make sure that folder is selected first); Click Find duplicates
2. Select to search:
4. Click find duplicates
5. RefWorks will identify duplicate records and select the one it suggests that you DELETE.
note: you can unselect the suggested record and keep both or select the other if appropriate.
6. Click Delete on the horizontal toolbar to remove the duplicate records.
7. When all duplicates are removed you will see "No Duplicates were found".