Similar to creating an independent bibliography list that can be pasted into a document, Quick Cite allows you to generate an inline citation and/or a reference citation or full Bibliography list (similar to that created by Create Bibliography) that can be pasted as desired.
This is a great option if you just need a quick inline citation or a single reference formatted correctly.
Open the Quick Cite sidebar:
1. Select the folder where your references reside (or select All references)
2. Click the "Create Bibliography" button on the top (horizontal) toolbar.
3. From the drop-down select "Quick Cite".
4. A pop-up will be displayed with the Quick Cite options
This will default to the last one you selected but you can select an alternate by clicking on the dropdown.
The citation list displayed is from the selected folder.
1. Hover mouse over the desired
2. Click the Copy Citation button to save the inline citation to your clipboard, you can now paste it to a document, email, etc.
When you need an inline citation that incorporates multiple references.
1. Check the boxes beside all references. You will note that the inline citation is built in the box.
2. Click the Clipboard button to save the inline citation to your clipboard, you can now paste it to a document, email, etc.
Note: you could do the same action for a single citation and use the clipboard button if you wanted to see what it would look like prior to copying.
A bibliography will be generated based on the selections from the previous section. If nothing was selected the list will be generated for the entire folder.
If selections were made, but you want to include the entire folder click the "Include All" switch.
There is no copy button on this screen.
1. Click the references list box to select the entire contents.
Click and drag the mouse to select what you want to copy.
2. Right-click mouse and select "Copy" to save the list to your clipboard, you can now paste it to a document, email, etc.