Before you can save to RefWorks directly from web-based sources you need to install a browser button on your bookmarks bar. You only need to install this button once.
1. Click Tools on the top (horizontal) navigation bar
2. Select Tools from the drop-down list
3. Click the Save to RefWorks button (blue), and drag it to your browser bookmarks or favourites bar.
You are now ready to capture references from web-based sources.
To add references from web-based sources use the Save to RefWorks browser button.
References this way will often have a URL attached, they may also have a PDF attachment if available.
1. Find the article or source on the Internet.
2. Click the Save to Refworks browser button to open the dialogue box.
3. Make any additions or changes to the reference. This information is dependent on what is available on the webpage and how the page is coded -- some information may not automatically import. (you can always edit the reference after it's saved as well)
Click Save to RefWorks button (or click the X in the top left to close the sidebar without saving)
4. You will be given the option to go to View (the new reference) in RefWorks OR Close the sidebar and continue searching on the web.
The reference will be imported into RefWorks. You can see new imports under "Last imported" and default folder location "Not in Folder"