You can import references from other reference management tools such as Mendeley, EndNote, Zotero (RefWorks supports hundreds of formats including RIS, BibTeX, and PubMed.).
1. Save your references from the source reference management tool. This is typically a RIS file.
2. Click the "Add a Reference" button on the top (horizontal) toolbar of RefWorks.
3. From the drop-down select "Import References".
4. Use the browse feature or drag and drop the RIS file into the designated area.
note: if you are importing from Legacy RefWorks or sister program Mendeley, you can use the buttons. All others have to come in via file.
5. The new reference will be added to the list.
You can see new imports under "Last imported" and
default folder location "Not in Folder"