Sometimes references don't arrive complete. The content of a reference record is dependent on the information available to RefWorks at the time its added to the collection.
Citation view allows you to see the possible fields that need to be updated to make the record complete.
1. Select Citation View (typically this is defaulted to "Normal View")
The example is set to APA 6th edition. This can be changed by click on the cog icon. There are a number of different types of citation styles available including MLA and Chicago. NOTE: APA 7th edition is not yet available. Coming soon.
2. When Citation View is active missing fields are colour coded.
/!\ Orange indicates a missing field that is probably required for the selected style, ex. Publisher or Author name.
Click on the missing fields to open the editing sidebar.
3. RefWorks will open the editing sidebar and take your cursor directly to the missing field.
Enter the missing information; click Save at the top of the sidebar.
1. Select the reference by clicking on it - it should become shaded and the preview window will open on the right side.
2. Click the edit icon (pencil) to open the citation in edit mode.
3. Edit required fields;
4. Click Save
You can edit the reference while viewing the attached PDF side-by-side. To do this you will use the Edit Reference button. More about Edit Reference (from PDF) here.